The purpose of the application is to support the customer’s main activity (rail freight transport service) from orders through transport to payments. RIS is expected to consolidate all activities performed into a single, mandatory implementation system ensuring the transparency and traceability of processes. Further system requirements are the automation of manual activities as well as the acceleration and standardization of the information flow with a focus on the automation on notifications and task and deadline alerts. The system also aims to implement the use of related IT systems and data basis.
The RIS system and the information provided by the system must comply with respective regulations and instructions.
The RIS system can be adapted by any railway company using international rail transport rights and it can benefit any independent railway company.
A short introduction to RIS
- Complex: It covers the whole business process including preparing quotes and analysing and settling completed orders. This full coverage allows for the free flow of data during the subsequent functions and activities.
- Integrated: It uses all digital data sources available in Hungary and it is compatible with Kapella2, GYSEV-VIHAR, Vontat2, IÜR, NAVISION. RIS manages a bidirectional data traffic with these systems reducing manual data entry (diminishing potential errors) and accelerating the availability of data. Compatibility exists with any railway IT system operating an international infrastructure.
- Workflow: The business activitygoes according to predefined, standard processes. Thus, processes go through the same steps for all orders making them transparent and traceable simplifying substitutions. RIS allocates custom authorization system based on the user type for each activity and data ensuring the delegation of tasks, creating task list for each user and granting an appropriate level of security for processes and data.
- According to the basic principles of the system, it minimizes data recording, makes necessary – and only necessary and authorized – information available, defines the obligatory data content and last but not least fully complies with the law.
- Legally protected: The software is copyrighted under the Copyright Act LXXVI of 1999 and is protected by law from the time the copyright was created.
The following contracts were signed for marketing the RIS:
- Standard contract for implementing RIS (project level flexibility, customization, implementation, configuration and related services for new customers)
- End User License Agreement
- Support agreement
- Temporary deposit of software source code with an independent custodian
For the customer:
- Full legal compliance
- Continuous information on trains operating
- Quality work
- Correct accounting
For the user:
- Uniformly regulated standard processes
- Transparent, traceable processes
- Minimal data entry
- Automation of manual activities
For the owner:
- full coverage of the business process
- quality work
- continuous control
- increasing cost efficiency
- guarantee of financial revenue